Valaa is a startup with an ambitious goal: we want to democratize software development and the creation of interactive content. Thus we are developing a new, collaborative and social cloud platform with a novel underlying object model. Our product changes the way software is created, shared, modified and published.
After two years of development the platform is now prototype ready and we are working towards public Beta. Real projects are already being developed using Valaa both by our internal development team as well as external collaborators.
As we emerge from the R&D phase to production, our team is looking for a capable Developer / Ops Engineer with a passion for scalability, cloud and serverless computing, automatization, and maintainable infrastructure. You are also ready and interested in getting to work with the code hands-on.
- Your are responsible of our AWS based infrastructure. You will design and improve the setup and handle the daily maintenance work.
- When not working on the infrastructure, your expertise supports and enhances the development team on the core of our product.
- You deliver feedback and input and ideas within the team from a Maintenance/Ops perspective.
- You have experience in or are otherwise familiar with Amazon AWS services and their setup / operations (Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, IoT).
- You have development experience at least in one language on the backend, JS/Node preferred.
- You should have an understanding of clean code.
- You should understand what iterative improvement means, and believe in shared code ownership.
- You are self-motivated and handle your responsibilities independently, but can communicate your needs and give feedback to the team around you and ask for help when you need it.
- You are willing to dive into an existing and actively developing code stack and provide your insights in developing it further.
- You are fluent in English and can use it as a working language.
- More than basic experience in the required technical skills mentioned above.
- Open-source experience.
- Understanding about startup environment.
- Learning and growth mindset, flexibility and willingness to get out of your comfort zone when needed.
We offer you:
- An inspiring possibility to work on new frontiers of web software development and creation of disruptive infrastructure.
- Position in a dynamic and diverse team.
- Flexible work environment and personally adjustable working arrangements.
- Career opportunities of a growth-seeking company.
- Office at a central location in Tampere, Finland.
- Services and collaboration opportunities of a wider startup ecosystem that Valaa is a member of.
Send your job application (in English) with a salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday 10th of April, 2018. Please attach your CV or LinkedIn profile and links to relevant references (like GitHub). We’ll start processing the applications and interviewing candidates already during the application period, so if you’re interested in the job, let us know about it as soon as possible!
For more information please contact (either in Finnish or English):
Johanna Roihuvuo, Office Manager
+358 (0)44 5070 781 email@example.com (NB! applications to firstname.lastname@example.org)